We study and develop artificial intelligence systems that can understand language like humans.
In particular, by combining findings and technologies of computer science and linguistics, we work on world knowledge acquisition/utilization and text analysis/understanding.
Furthermore, we aim at elucidating the mechanisms by which humans understand language and developing systems which incorporate such mechanisms.
- August 3, 2021: Joint Research Project with LINE Corporation
- We have started a joint research project with LINE Corporation, "Research on dialogue systems using ultra-large-scale Japanese language models". We will conduct research on how to effectively use and evaluate ultra-large-scale Japanese language models.
- July 15, 2021: Joint Research Project with Yahoo Japan Corporation
- We have started a joint research project with Yahoo Japan Corporation, "Construction of a Japanese evaluation set in natural language processing". We plan to build and publish a Japanese language understanding evaluation benchmark.
- April 1, 2021: New members
- 7 students joined our lab.
- March 27, 2021: A paper at NAACL-HLT 2021 Student Research Workshop (SRW)
- We will present the following paper at NAACL-HLT 2021 SRW (June 6-11).
- Tatsuya Ide and Daisuke Kawahara. Multi-Task Learning of Generation and Classification for Emotion-Aware Dialogue Response Generation.
- January 15, 2021: Appointment for Lab Assignment 2021
- If you want to have a meeting to discuss the assignment to Kawahara Lab on March 22 or 23, 2021, please make an appointment at this form. The location is online. If you have any questions, please send an email to the mail address below.
- July 15, 2020: Worldwide COVID-19 Information Aggregation Site
- In collaboration with computer science laboratories of universities and research institutes, we have developed a site that aggregates worldwide information on COVID-19.
- April 1, 2020: Beginning of Research Activity
- We will have the first meeting with the assigned students on April 1 online and offline.
- March 14, 2020: Appointment for Lab Assignment
- If you want to have a meeting to discuss the assignment to Kawahara Lab on March 20 or 23, 2020, please make an appointment at this form. The location is the Multimedia Room at the 9th floor, Bldg. 55 N. If you have any questions, please send an email to the mail address below.